“Breastfeeding is empowering. It’s an accomplishment that takes dedication I didn’t realize I possessed!”
As a Certified Lactation Educator I provide education, encouragement, counselling and evidence based information to support breastfeeding. I work with families prenatally, through to the stage of weaning, providing continual support and fostering confidence. The waitlist and referrals needed to speak with a paediatrician can be frustrating when you need help now! I visit you at home, where you are comfortable and in your realistic setting. I will listen and observe breastfeeding concerns and offer practical guidance on positioning, feeding times and latch. I am here to bridge the gap between your knowledge and experiences and clinical care providers. Breastfeeding can be both a psychical and emotional roller coaster. I offer parents the guidance and support you need, when you need it.
- Offer non-biased information, support, encouragement, guidance, education and referrals pertaining to lactation.
- Guidance to help achieve effective positioning and latch.
- Describe infant feeding cues.
- Advise parents on how to maintain lactation when they are separated from their infants. This includes information and guidance on hand expression and the using breast pumps.
- Educate, support and offer referrals to mothers who need to supplement.
- Support and offer information to mothers who wish to stop breastfeeding due to personal choice or medical advice.
- I do not diagnose, prescribe medications or dispense medical advice